Showing posts with label Charlize Theron. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Charlize Theron. Show all posts

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Low Calorie Movie Snacks

head shot of Charlize Theron in a black dressIf you're like us, movies are on our 4th of July weekend agenda. Will Smith has become as traditional as Independence Day. We don't plan on breaking tradition this 4th. We are hoping for traditional fireworks with Will's new movie Hancock, co-starring uber-sexy and uber-smart Charlize Theron. But here's the prob, Bob. The high calorie snacks! Did you know that a large, lovely bucket of buttered popcorn has 1,600 calories?

We have been known to walk in a movie theatre with a very large handbag containing everything from Subway subs -- with very smelly raw onions -- to Margaritas in a Thermos. But if you want to stay healthy with low calorie movie snacks, here are healthy alternatives to the calorie popcorn:

  • Shelled, salted edamame

  • A mix of pretzels, almonds, raisins, and mini marshmallows
  • Air-popped popcorn
  • Fat-free potato chips
  • Jicama matchsticks, tossed with lime juice & chili powder
  • Frozen red or green grapes
  • Fat-free Fiddle-Faddle

We are going with the 80-20 rule here. 80 percent of the time eat healthy food. The other 20 percent, eat whatever you like. There is nothing better than sitting in a movie on 4th of July weekend with a bucket of buttered popcorn. We are going to pledge our allegiance to the Bucket of Popcorn and our 20 percent of "whatever you like."

Have a great 4th of July!

Source: Prevention, Jamie Temple, ACE, ACSM, Personal Trainer/Fitness Specialist.

Read More......