I will have to make this post short and sweet. I made it to New York for Fashion Week after a eleven-hour day that should have been a four-hour day. The snow in the Midwest paralyzed the airlines. My luggage had a longer trip than I had -- a 19-hour day. It arrived at my room in the wee hours of the morning. I will leave you with a few observations made during that cathartic period, and then I have to get back to my job at hand: Fashion Week.
- Why can't my home have a Sani-Fresh toilet like the ones in O'Hare Airport that cleans and replaces the seat cover after each use?
- Be careful after exiting restrooms. I thought everybody was looking at me because I looked so put together. Just the opposite. My belt was unbuckled and followed me through the airport like a well behaved puppy. Do you know that not one person mentioned it?
- After the long day, the New York yellow taxi cabs and drivers in the queue at the airport looked like cloning gone wrong or an episode from The Twilight Zone.
- Although I have been to New York many times, it takes my breath away when I see the city and its icons from the air. I am very thankful for all of our personal freedoms.
- To answer a newfound friend from the airport, "Yes, I am a blogger, but this is not your Sex In The City weekend. It is more like a Menopause in the City weekend."
- Lastly, I apologize to my United Airlines seatmate for inadvertently misting him with my Claudalie Beauty Elixir. I bet his face was as hydrated as mine upon exiting the plane. Maybe he should thank me.
Beauty Elixir Trio ($45 Value) at Sephora.
"What it is: Caudalie Beauty Elixir is an 'elixir of youth' spray toner for beautifully radiant skin.What it is formulated to do:For those with dull and tired complexions in need of an instant burst of radiance and renewal, Beauty Elixir is your skincare remedy. Beauty Elixir is both a toner and a serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients that also smoothes features and tightens pores. Spray at any time of the day to refresh, energize, and awaken your skin to a new glow from within. Beauty Elixir is also superb for setting makeup.What else you need to know:Each bottle is etched with exquisite designs by Bénédicte de Lescure, a young Parisian artist awarded the acclaimed Young Hope Prize for Most Promising Creative Talent. Her designs capture all the magic of the grape intrinsic to Caudalie and this unique formula that provides a year round glowing complexion fit for a queen. Set in a chic, artfully-designed box, this set is a must have for the Beauty Elixir aficionado or for those introducing themselves to this worldwide cult-favorite.This Sephora-exclusive set includes three 1 oz limited-edition travel size Beauty Elixirs. "
Yikes! The spell checker and image insert is not working this a.m. Forgive me for any errors. If you see any, please email me.