Reese Witherspoon is the cover girl for the April issue of ELLE magazine.
On her divorce: “Very humiliating and very isolating…But, by the way, if it’s not painful, maybe it wasn’t the right decision to marry to begin with. Those are the appropriate emotions. When people get in your face and say, ‘This will pass,’ you think, Are they crazy? I’m never gonna feel any better than I feel right this minute and nothing’s ever gonna make sense again. And I still have moments where I’m like, Nothings ever gonna make sense again.”
On dealing with the pain that stems from divorce: “You see a lot of people play this blame game. Blame, blame, blame. You know? And it’s a really easy thing to do, and I’m certainly guilty of it. [You have to] look at yourself and go, ‘What part of this do I need to own? Which part of this is my responsibility? And that’s the painful work that you have to go through to hopefully get some real life knowledge out of it.”
On boyfriend, Jake Gyllenhaal: “He’s fabulous. He really is a fantastic guy. Unfortunately, he’s not in the movie, so we can’t really talk about him.”
On being a young mother: “When I first had Ava, I couldn’t afford [help]. And it was so hard. I was out in Los Angeles, living [away from my family]. I really didn’t have any friends. And I had a baby. No one else who was 22 had a baby. I couldn’t go out.”
- Enter the Givenchy Irresitible Summer Sweeps for a chance to win Givenchy Irresistible Summer Sorbet and Ange ou Demon fragrances. (Expires April 1, 2009.)
- Enter for a chance to win a Bodhi handbag. (Expires March 25, 2009.)
Enter the MoovBoots Voucher Giveaway for a chance to win a voucher for a pair of rubber boots. (Expires March 30, 2009.)
Michelle Obama graces the cover of the March 2009 Vogue magazine.
Wearing a magenta silk dress by inaugural gown designer Jason Wu, Michelle Obama's image is captured by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz, who also shot inside photographs of President Obama for Vanity Fair magazine this month.
Michelle Obama On Fashion:
"First and foremost, I wear what I love. That's what women have to focus on: what makes them happy and what makes them feel comfortable and beautiful. If I can have any impact, I want women to feel good about themselves and have fun with fashion."
Although some have dubbed Michelle Obama the "new Jackie Kennedy" Vogue insists that Obama's style is more "pragmatism, not glamour."
On newsstands today.
What's Vogue giving away this month?
- Enter for a chance to win a tour of the Gossip Girl Set with Blake Lively, and a trip to New York City. (Expires February 24th.)
- Enter the Fashion Meets Technology Sweepstakes for a chance to win a HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam edition series digital clutch, and a Red Peony Print Flirty Dress from Vivienne Tam. (Expires February 20, 2009.)
What's GWBBB giving away this week?
What are beauty blogggers and other magazines giving away right now?
Everything but the kitchen sink.
March 2009 Magazine Cover Girls:
Pretty Woman Julia Roberts looks even prettier on the cover of March 2009 Allure magazine.
Who would Julia Roberts include in her dream dinner party guestlist?
- President Obama and his family,
- Diane Sawyer
- Mike Nichols
- Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham
- Emmy-winning comedienne Tina Fey
How does Julia Roberts, mother of three, feel about motherhood?
“I think it should be against the law to take a picture of a celebrity’s child. Fortunately, it’s a rare occurrence for us. My husband and I are very protective of our children. We go out of our way to shelter them from the paparazzi and to still live a normal life.”
What is Allure giving away this month?
- Enter for a chance to win Dior's entire spring 2009 makeup collection: three eye-shadow palettes, eight lip colors, a limited-edition face palette, nail polishes, and more. It's a brand-new wardrobe of makeup in pretty pinks, nudes, and taupes—and it's worth more than $500.
- Take a short poll and be entered to win a Best of Beauty suitcase packed with more than $3,000 worth of products. Vote until March 6, and look for the results in our June issue!
- Check back on GWBBB's updated magazine list for new givewaways from Allure that start on March 2, 2009. In the meantime, enter 22 new beauty blog giveaways and magazine sweepstakes.
March 2009 Magazines:
What's else is new on GWBBB?
Jennifer Connelly is the cover girl of Glamour's March 2009 issue.
Excerpts from the interview:
With regard to honesty in her marriage:
Neither my husband [Paul Bettany] nor I are interested in being sneaky or mincing words. If I break something, for example, I have to announce it. I’m a compulsive confessor.
With regard to how she knew Paul Bettany was The One:
I don’t know. It was something about the way that we were together. He stood out to me as someone singular and rare and beautiful, and I liked the way he was in the world…. I liked the way he was with my son and the way he made me feel.
With regard to a bad blind date:
With regard to today’s dating rituals
It was horrible! I went on a date with a guy who played his guitar for me and was so full of himself. We had plans to go out to a party, and he was driving and I remember saying, “You know what? I’m so sorry, but I’d like to go home please.” So I got out of the car and I left.
"It’s been so long since I’ve dated that I don’t understand what’s going on anymore with things like Facebook and MySpace. A friend of mine wrote “LOL” to me the other day. I thought she meant “Lord, oh, Lord.”
Enter Glamour's sweepstakes:
- Enter for your chance to win a shopping spree on Piperlime.com! One grand-prize winner will score a $7,000 gift card, while five other winners will take home one pair of cool new kicks, all courtesy of Piperlime. Expires Feburary 10, 2009.
- Enter the Exactly What to Eat to Lose Weight Sweepstakes When you register, you’ll automatically be entered to win a Beverly Hills getaway for two (including a spa day, a two-night stay in the SLS at Beverly Hills hotel and a personal training session with fitness guru Harley Pasternak.)
For other magazine sweepstakes and beauty blog giveaways, enter now.
Other March 2009 Magazines:
Too-cute-for-words Taylor Smith is the March 2009 Self magazine cover girl.
We admire Taylor's take on honesty (from the interview in Self):
“I don’t think honesty is ever something you should regret. I figure if I’m going to cover things up and try to hide the way I feel and try to be perfect all the time, people are going to see through that. And also, if you’re trying to change yourself all the time to adapt to what you think you should be, you’re going to run out of the things to be after a while.”
To enter for a chance to win Taylor's cover girl beauty products, email your full name, complete mailing address and daytime phone number to [email protected] on March 20, 2009, at noon ET. One entry per person, household and/or email address
What else is Self giving away this month?
- Sign up for the 2009 Self Challenge -- a supereffective, easy-to-follow exercise and healthy-eating program that will help you lose up to 8 pounds a month and tone your whole body -- at Self.com and you'll earn a chance to win a grand prize getaway for two to the Gallery Bay Resort and Spa in Antigua.
- Update your progress logs each day at Self.com and you might win a Sportline heart-rate monitor.
- Everyone who completes the Challenge has a chance to win 16 sessions with a top trainer (worth $1,000).
- If you sign up on March 10 or 11, Self.com will reward you with an Aveda package, which includes a free neck and shoulder massage and other pampering treats.
March 2009 Magazine Covers
What's new on GWBBB?
Jeanne Tripplehorn is March 2009 cover girl for More magazine.
What we liked:
45-year-old Tripplehorn comments about resisting plastic surgery:
“Maybe in my eighties, I’ll do Botox,” she says adding that lately she’s been thinking that enhanced body parts seem like relics from another time. “I can’t pass judgment, but aren’t fake breasts already looking really 1995?”
And speaking of plastic surgery, mosey on over to BettyConfidential.com and read "A Plastic State of Mind -- To augment, or not to augment. That was my question..." by Nadine Haobsh, a fellow beauty blogger, former beauty editor at Lucky, Ladies' Home Journal, FHM and Jane, and the author of Beauty Confidential and Confessions of a Beauty Addict, and keeps the internationally popular beauty blog, Jolie Nadine.
Yes, we have a blogger crush!
March 2009 Magazine Covers
What's new on GWBBB?
Jaime Pressly, My Name is Earl actress, is Shape Magazine's cover girl for March 2009. Jaime lost her 42-pound pregnancy weight the old-fashioned way: By going to the gym, running on the treadmill, and lifting weights.
7 New Giveaways from Shape:
- Enter the Jaime Pressly Cover Giveaway for a chance to win one of 100 of Jaime Pressley's new memoir, "It's Not Necessarily Not the Truth."
- Enter the March Regis Punta Mita Resort Giveaway for a chance to a three-night stay for two at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in Punta Mita, Mexico.
- Enter the Freestyle Audio Soundwave Giveaway for a chance to win one of three waterproof Freestyle Audio Soundwave 2GB MP3 players.
- Enter the Issac Mizrahi Giveaway for a chance to win one of seven copies of Isaac Mizrahi's "How to Have Style".
- Enter the SingStar Legends Giveaway for a chance to win one of ten "SingStar Legends" for PS2 plus two microphones.
- Enter the Fresh Giveaway for a chance to win one of twenty-five Fresh Sugar Lip Glosses in Sugar Glory.
- Enter the Benetton Giveaway for a chance to win one of 50 United Colors of Benetton Essence of Woman.
Single entry only. All giveaways expire March 1, 2009. On newsstands now.
Current Beauty Blog Giveaways and Magazine Sweepstakes.
Current Articles on GWBBB
Most Popular Articles on GWBBB
American Beauty 44-year-old Sandra Bullock is the cover girl for the March issue of InStyle magazine.
Miss Congeniality star is married to All About Steve actor Jesse James and is step-mom to Jesse's three children.
Highlights of the interview:
I read once you have a “cheat day” once a week when you eat whatever you want. Do you still follow that rule?
“I start Friday night and I end Saturday night. But it is not so regimented. I’ll make lists of what I want to eat this week or next week. I was in the store Marfa and they had this dark chocolate with bacon in it so I’ve gotta try that! I eat really well because I can afford to. Like last night I had brown rice and black beans and some steamed vegetables so today I’m going to have all kinds of good stuff! I love sweets, like Viennese pastry, raw cookie dough, or a nice bowl of Lucky Charms with milk that I eat in bed watching SNL. That’s heaven right there!”
How do you stay in shape?
“People ask, “How do actresses do it?” Um, they pay us to do this in order to look good on film. I do Pilates, kickboxing, weight training. When I’m in Austin, I run or ride a bike. If I can work out every day, I will. But there are times when I won’t do anything for two weeks, and I’m, like, you know what? I talk enough to burn calories.”
What do you tell a girl who feels ugly because she’s not blond or doesn’t have a thin nose
“Welcome to my broken nose! [Her sister accidentally broke it while lifting a garage door when they were younger.] …I was rejected in school because I didn’t look like the big-breasted, beautiful girls. I was awkward and sad. My mother always said, “Be original!” but I didn’t understand until I changed to be like everyone else. Once I fit in, I was like, What have I done? I realized that my friends before were much cooler, with a great sense of humor and a way of looking at the world that was more fun. But if I hadn’t gone through that, I wouldn’t have been driven to make my oddities cool. It’s what made me have a sense of humor and thick skin. It’s like in All About Steve—I’m making fun of everything people have judged me for and put it into one character.”
Starting February 20th, you can enter for a chance to win a Tibi dress plus MAC cosmetics goodies from InStyle. Check back daily for updates on beauty blogs giveaways and magazine sweepstakes.
Georgina Chapman is cover girl for March 2009 Town and Country magazine. A New York glamour girl and designer to the stars, Georgina shares her favorite things.
Learn the current contents of her handbag.
Barack Obama is on the cover of March 2009 Vanity Fair magazine. The president and Vanity Fair cover boy was originally photographed by Annie Leibovitz when Obama was a senator for one of 20 covers on Vanity Fair’s Africa issue of July 2007.
About The Feature Article:
"As America thrilled to the inauguration of its 44th president and a new First Lady, the West Wing was filling with a kaleidoscopic army of policy aces, whiz kids, and veteran advisers, all focused on the long-haul, no-drama work to which Barack has called them. These are the civilian front lines of “We the People,” photographed by Annie Leibovitz for our pages. Plus: Maureen Orth interviews the new team, and talks to White House social secretary Desirée Rogers about making Washington fun again."