Take this quiz to find out what's your perfect lippie
Mother Blogger Tests Avon's New SpectraColor Lipstick
Avon's SpectraColor Lipstick holds a light and dark version of your favorite shade in side-by-side chambers.
Created for the woman who loves to change her look from demure to dramatic, this is the first lipstick that lets you click to seven shades, allowing you to create just the right look for any mood - just twist the dial and slide on the shine!
Formulated with Vitamins A, C, and E, this lightweight, high-shine formula delivers beautiful color that lasts for hours, is never sticky and won't bleed.
The color Roses provided me with enough mood-changing colors to cover Manic Monday all the way to TGIF.
With endless possibilities of lipstick shades that would stump even a famous mathematician like Fibonacci, Avon's New SpectraColor Lipstick is brains on beauty.
Introductory special: $9.50 $7.50
- If your lipstick breaks like mine always does, light a match under the broken part. When the lipstick melts, stick it on the base. Rotate the lipstick back into the tube and store it in the refrigerator until cool.
- Speaking of refrigerators, storing any of your lippies in the fridge will make them last longer.
- To keep lipstick off your teeth, once your have applied lipstick, put a little Vaseline on your teeth.
Lipstick can be used as blush, but do not use blush as lipstick, unless you are using Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks ($22).
5. If you use lip liner, apply lip liner first so that you can follow the natural line of your lips. Lancome Le Crayon Lip Contour ($22) keeps your crayon color inside the lines.
6. If you do not like a shade of lipstick, do not throw it out. Just mix it with other shades of lipstick and create your own shade. These small containers are perfect for holding your own natural lip gloss or lip balm creations.
7. Click here for a DIY lip gel recipe, or combine lipstick and Vaseline in a container (6 for $1.10).
8. Orange lipstick shades make your teeth appear yellow.
9. To create a cool blue based tone, apply a navy blue eyeshadow on lips and apply your lipstick on top . Voila! Whiter looking teeth, too. I use Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in navy.
1o. At parties, I always knew which glass was mine. The telltale sign was the lipstick was on the glass and not my lips. To prevent your lippie from transferring to the glass, lick the edge of the glass before you take a sippie.
Are you lip savvy? Do you wear sunscreen on your lips? If you are like us, you slather sunscreen on your face but you forget the delicate skin on your lips, and that schtick is no laughing matter. Not only are those lips prone to burning and wrinkling, but they are a prime candidate for sun cancer.
Will you wear sun protection on your lips this summer?
Sephora: MD Skincare SPF Lip Balm, Shiseido Sun Protection Lip Treatment 36, Sun Safety Kit