Fitness Friday Giveaway: Life Fitness Premium Digital Pedometer ($35.39) and Life Fitness Dual Watch and Heart Rate Monitor ($55.99)
Do you know how many steps you walk in a day?
A pedometer is a great motivator in your quest to become more active, because it is easy to use and can quantify how active you have been.
Researchers at Stanford University and the University of Minnesota looked at 26 studies that showed that using a pedometer helped the average person to walk an additional 7 miles per week and lose approximately 2.5 pounds over 18 weeks.
Not only did the average participant increase their activity level by 27%, they were able to lower their systolic blood pressure. This drop in blood pressure is associated with a greater than 7% reduction in your risk of dying from a stroke or a cardiac event.
10,000 steps a day is a typical recommendation for a sufficient amount of activity.
What we liked about the Life Fitness Digital Pedometer:
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer can be carried in your pocket, bag or be attached to your belt.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer counts every step.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer remembers seven days of information.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer separately counts aerobic steps, measures distance and calories burned.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer lets you carry it discreetly in your pocket, bag, or belt.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer has a large display.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer resets itself at midnight so it's ready to go every morning.
- Life Fitness Digital Pedometer's clock, shows time of day and the time spent doing aerobic walking. a seven day history, and lets you review a full week of exercise.
Do you really need a watch and heart rate monitor?
By introducing a heart rate monitor into your exercise program, you will be able to workout less aggressively and still achieve the same results! By simply monitoring how hard your heart is working and adjusting your workout accordingly, you will be able to achieve the greatest results as quickly as possible.
What we liked about the Life Fitness Dual Watch and Heart Rate Monitor:
- The Dual Watch and Heart Rate Monitor functions like a standard sports watch and includes ActiveEKG, an advanced heart rate sensing technology.
- ActiveEKG measures the electrical signals on your skin in the same manner that an EKG or electrocardiogram does.
- While the Dual Watch and Contact Heart Rate Monitor attaches to your wrist like other watch products, it does not measure or sense your pulse. Instead, it uses ActiveEKG to measure your heart rate.
To step up your exercise routine and get your heart really pumping, check out the top 100 songs used by personal trainers throughout the United States.
Giveaway expires on midnight Eastern time on February 27, 2009. One entry per email. The winner will be picked randomly by Contest Machine and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If there is no response, Contest Machine will randomly pick another winner.
The winner will receive Life Fitness Digital Pedometer and Life Fitness Dual Watch and Heart Rate Monitor ($100). United States and Canada only. Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.)
CONTEST CLOSED: Winner pending.
Have you entered the other giveaways on GWBBB?
What's else is running on GWBBB?
ACE, ACSM, Personal Trainer/Fitness Specialist
Source: Fitness magazine