Are you familiar with Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, an eco-friendly, super cute line of cleaning products?
Few women realize that Mrs. Meyer is a real person and the inspiration behind the brand. Mrs. Thelma Meyer is an Iowa mother of nine, and her daughter named the company after her to honor her old-fashioned values and useful cleaning tips.
Her new book was launched last week, making her tips available to everyone: Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice That Will Inspire You to Clean Like the Dickens.
We have always wanted to clean like the dickens, and our cleaning dickens is functioning much better as a result of Mrs. Meyer.
Thelma Meyer was one of the original women to make "green” chic in the world of cleaning. This fun and quirky book gives tons of suggestions on using common household items to solve problems and keep your home clean.
But this is not just Mother Blogger's cleaning book. The book has some great beauty-related tips that we found interesting and and helpful.
With four girls growing up in her house, Mrs. Meyer knows how to keep beauty green, chic, and budget-friendly:
- To get hairspray off of mirrors: Pour rubbing alcohol on a cloth and clean in small circles. You can also use a baby wipe if you have them handy. Then grab club-soda that you’ve put in a spray bottle and give the mirror a spritz, wiping it clean with bunched-up newspaper.
- Cleaning up broken glass: If your makeup mirror falls on the floor, you’ll want to remove all those little pieces from the floor. Dab a piece of bread on top of them, vacuum, then wipe down the floor with a water-dampened cloth.
- Removing Mascara from clothing: Mix a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid with two cups cold water, apply the solution to the stain, and then blot until it’s gone.
- Makeup Expiration Dates: If you have trouble keeping track of how old things are, start writing the dates on them with a permanent marker when they’re new. Mascara lasts only three months, and it’s important that you remember when you opened it, because that wand gets a buildup of bacteria that you don’t want in your eyes. Sunscreen lasts one year and lipstick up to three.
- Keeping the Bathroom Smelling Fresh: Fill a spray bottle with water, three drops of lemon oil, and two drops of eucalyptus oil. Shake this really well before using.
Now four of our readers can win a copy of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice That Will Inspire You to Clean Like the Dickens.
Giveaway expires on midnight EST on April 1, 2009. You may enter only one email address. Four winners will be picked randomly by Contest Machine and will be notified by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If there is no response, Contest Machine will randomly pick another winner.
The winners will receive copies of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice That Will Inspire You to Clean Like the Dickens ($19.99). United States and Canada only. Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
What's New on GWBBB?