Posted on May 8, 2009 at 8:01AM
We are on our way to trade in a new used car. Jamie bought an uber-cute green Jetta with racing wheels and a stick shift. After numerous hair-raising attempts at driving the car without grinding or stalling, she pulled into Mother Blogger's driveway at a speed that would make Indy car celebrity Danica Patrick green. And speaking of green, this week's Total Beauty Web Tour will provide you with the 411 on everything from green beauty products to the best beauty products.
Join us on the Total Beauty Web Tour -- Uber-Cute Green Jetta not provided.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009 at 11:51AM
High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is the cover girl for the May 2009 issue of SELF Magazine. Not to ignore Van, but we fast-forwarded to the 10th annual list of Healthy Beauty Awards as selected by SELF readers.
Discover the 63 beauty standouts.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 5:57AM
The April 2009 Woman's Day magazine features 11 new sweepstakes, plus the best spring beauty products.
Woman's Day Best of Spring Beauty:
- CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain
- American Beauty's newest Beloved Moments.
- Clinique's Quick Brush
- L’Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Moisture Shampoo
- Applause Hand Buffer by Spongeables
Compare Woman's Day picks with other picks:
Posted on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:56AM
28-year-old Gisele Bundchen is the cover girl for the April 2009 issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine.
A newlywed and new step-mother, Gisele admits there was a time five or six years ago when she didn't treat her body very kindly.
“I was drinking a lot of red wine, smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes a day, and eating cheeseburgers all day. I was treating my body, which is my temple and my best friend, as my worst enemy. I was almost punishing myself. I was so tired. I was working so much and I was numb.”
Gisele said she got out of her slump by taking six months off and spending some time in her home country of Brazil.
“If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that.”
What Else Is New In The March Issue?
26 Best Beauty Buys That Work:
- Dior Bronze Original Tan ($42)
- Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Mascara ($8.95)
- Lancôme Ôscillation ($34)
- DuWop Foundation of Youth ($38)
- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set ($59)
- Prescriptives In Bloom Cheek Color Duo in Cool ($28)
- Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor ($7.98)
- Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Mystic Eyes ($56)
- M.A.C. Brow Set ($13.50)
- La Mer the SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid ($65)
- Estée Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Infusing Eye Gel ($32)
- Origins Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion ($21)
- The Orlane Absolute Radiance LightBox ($200)
- Clarins High Definition Body Lift ($65)
- Dr. Brandt Lines No More ($55)
- Clinique Medical Recovery Week Complex ($65)
- John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing shampoo and conditioner ($6.49 each)
- Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality shampoo and conditioner ($3.99 each)
- L'Oréal Paris EverPure Volume shampoo and conditioner ($6.99 each)
- Mason Pearson Junior brush ($126)
- Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10 ($13.99)
- Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream ($24)
- Tigi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo ($18.95)
- Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($3.99)
- Nexxus Dualiste Color Protection + Intense Hydration Leave-In Spray ($11.99)
- R Session Tools Nalu Waver double-barrel curling iron ($179.99)
Harper's Bazaar has invited you to become part of their exclusive Bazaar Front Row panel. As a panel member, you will be asked to share your highly valued opinions several times a year about fashion, beauty, shopping, and more, and you'll have a chance to win great prizes. Click here to sign up for Bazaar Front Row, and be entered to win one of five $100 gift checks.
CoverGirl Celebrity Makeup Artist Molly Stern reveals her makeup kit essentials. Text directly from your cellphone to sample Molly's favorites:
- Text EYELIGHTS to 467467 to receive your free sample of Exact Eyelights Mascara, which enhances your natural color and defines lashes with light-reflecting metallics and a hint of tint.
- Text OUTLAST to 467467 to receive your free sample of CoverGirl Lipstain, which delivers a flush of color that lasts for hours.
Sweepstakes: Enter the $100,000 Fantasy Fund for a chance to win . One entry per household or email per day. Expires January, 2010.