Monday, Monday, can't trust that day...but one of our lucky readers is going to be able to get Ashley Judd's summer glow with American Beauty's rich new look for summer 2009: Coral Treasures!
This NEW collection hits counters June of 2009 at Kohl's department stores nationwide and www.kohls.com, but one reader will win the whole kit and caboodle in May.
What is included in this giveaway:
- NEW Limited Edition Pretty Luminous Brightening Cheek Color Coral Treasures ($17.50)
- Luxury for Lids Eyeshadow Duo - Sunny Honey ($14.50)
- Ultra-Easy Automatic Liner - Mocha ($11.00)
- Double Lush Mascara Plus Primer - Lush Brown ($12.50)
- Pretty Bonze Bronzing Powder - Sun Chic ($17.50)
- Fabulous Feel Liquid Lipcolor - Pretty Pink ($12.50)
- Pretty Glossy Luscious Lipshine - Pink Freeze ($12.50)
- Luxury for Lips Moisture Rich Lipcolor - Georgia Peach ($12.50)
- Enduring Beauty Longwear Lipcolor - Spice So Nice ($12.50)
We are frequent shoppers at recession-friendly Kohl's and have dipped a Q-tip or two in the American Beauty products at Kohl's but never purchased one American Beauty product prior to this review. That won't be the case anymore.
- American Beauty, owned by the Estee Lauder company, produces a good product at a lower price point that many of the other Lauder-owned lines.
- The Cheek Coral Treasures cheek color was a beautiful sheer coral and when applied, had an even distribution of color. This is the perfect summer shade!
- The Eyeshadow Duo was a little too glistening and luminous for Mother Blogger but Jamie loved the smooth and even application.
- The Ultra-Easy Automatic Liner in Mocha lives up to its name: Ultra-Easy! The Mocha shade is perfect for any skin color.
- Pretty Bronze Bronzing Powder in Sun Chic worked for both fair-skinned Mother Blogger and slightly olive-skinned Jamie.
- The four shades of lip colors are a beautiful summer pallette and all were emollient. The only negative is the lack of SPF in the lippies.
Get Your Glow on and enter now!
Answer the question in the Contest Machine Giveaway box: "What makes you an American Beauty?"
Mother Blogger: The physical side of beauty is just a small part of what makes a woman truly beautiful. The more comfortable you are in your own skin, the more beautiful you are. A beautiful woman doesn’t have to choose between living a great life and looking ten years younger – but living a great life can lead to looking ten years younger. Now, that's beautiful.
Jamie: Julie Burchill said, “It has been said that a pretty face is a passport. But it’s not, it’s a visa, and it runs out fast.” LOL. Your appearance isn’t a true source of beauty, because it inevitably changes and fades, so you better wear a smile every day!
Haute Dog: If you read the beauty tip I offerred on my morning post about holding a pencil horizontally between your teeth, like after you finish a crossword puzzle, here is the science behind the beauty tip:
According to an article in the May issue of Psychology Today, your feelings and attitudes are informed by what your body is doing. If you force a smile, even on a Manic Monday, your brain interprets that forced smile as happiness. (Look for Mother's Blogger's upcoming article entitled, "Botox Erases Wrinkles and Emotions.")
What makes me an American Beauty? My smile. Yes, beagles can smile!
Giveaway expires on midnight EST on May 19, 2009. You may enter only one email address for this giveaway. One winner will be picked randomly by Contest Machine and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If there is no response, Contest Machine will randomly pick another winner.
The winner will receive the American Beauty products listed above. United States and Canadian residents only. Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. Fulfillment provided by sponsor.
What's New On Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog?
- Serene Sunday Giveaway: PureOlogy
- Faith Hill May 2009 Redbook
- Macy's Biggest Sales Event Just Got Bigger
- Max Factor 2000 Calorie Lash Plumper Review
- Origins Friends & Family Promo
- 2. Trendwatch Thursday: Summer Cardigans to Blazers
- 4. David Babaii's and Kate Hudson's New Hair Care Line
- 5. The Perfect White Shirt for Women
- 7. 26 Backstage Beauty Tips
- 8. Max Factor Vivid Impact Pure Pigment Color
- 9. Manic Monday Giveaway: Orghipchick.com
- 11. The Sunday Edition: Better World Books Online Bookstore
- 13. May 2009 SELF Magazine Beauty Awards