28-year-old Gisele Bundchen is the cover girl for the April 2009 issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine.
A newlywed and new step-mother, Gisele admits there was a time five or six years ago when she didn't treat her body very kindly.
“I was drinking a lot of red wine, smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes a day, and eating cheeseburgers all day. I was treating my body, which is my temple and my best friend, as my worst enemy. I was almost punishing myself. I was so tired. I was working so much and I was numb.”
Gisele said she got out of her slump by taking six months off and spending some time in her home country of Brazil.
“If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that.”
What Else Is New In The March Issue?
26 Best Beauty Buys That Work:
- Dior Bronze Original Tan ($42)
- Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Mascara ($8.95)
- Lancôme Ôscillation ($34)
- DuWop Foundation of Youth ($38)
- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set ($59)
- Prescriptives In Bloom Cheek Color Duo in Cool ($28)
- Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor ($7.98)
- Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Mystic Eyes ($56)
- M.A.C. Brow Set ($13.50)
- La Mer the SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid ($65)
- Estée Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Infusing Eye Gel ($32)
- Origins Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion ($21)
- The Orlane Absolute Radiance LightBox ($200)
- Clarins High Definition Body Lift ($65)
- Dr. Brandt Lines No More ($55)
- Clinique Medical Recovery Week Complex ($65)
- John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing shampoo and conditioner ($6.49 each)
- Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality shampoo and conditioner ($3.99 each)
- L'Oréal Paris EverPure Volume shampoo and conditioner ($6.99 each)
- Mason Pearson Junior brush ($126)
- Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10 ($13.99)
- Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream ($24)
- Tigi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo ($18.95)
- Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($3.99)
- Nexxus Dualiste Color Protection + Intense Hydration Leave-In Spray ($11.99)
- R Session Tools Nalu Waver double-barrel curling iron ($179.99)
Harper's Bazaar has invited you to become part of their exclusive Bazaar Front Row panel. As a panel member, you will be asked to share your highly valued opinions several times a year about fashion, beauty, shopping, and more, and you'll have a chance to win great prizes. Click here to sign up for Bazaar Front Row, and be entered to win one of five $100 gift checks.
CoverGirl Celebrity Makeup Artist Molly Stern reveals her makeup kit essentials. Text directly from your cellphone to sample Molly's favorites:
- Text EYELIGHTS to 467467 to receive your free sample of Exact Eyelights Mascara, which enhances your natural color and defines lashes with light-reflecting metallics and a hint of tint.
- Text OUTLAST to 467467 to receive your free sample of CoverGirl Lipstain, which delivers a flush of color that lasts for hours.
Sweepstakes: Enter the $100,000 Fantasy Fund for a chance to win . One entry per household or email per day. Expires January, 2010.
- 10 Best Beauty Products for 2009
- Marie Claire Annual List of Must Haves: 25 Best Beauty Products of the Year
- Reese Witherspoon on April 2009 ELLE Magazine
- Mandy Moore April 2009 Marie Claire
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus on April 2009 Shape Magazine
- Katie Holmes on April 2009 Glamour
- Jessica Szohr April 2009 Glamour
- Sandra Bullock March 2009 InStyle Magazine
- Julia Roberts March 2009 Allure Magazine
- Georgina Chapman on March 2009 Town and Country Magazine
- Obama March 2009 Vanity Fair Magazine
- Marie Claire Hits The Trifecta With Aniston, Barrymore, and Goodwin (March 2009)