Posted on Apr 5, 2009 at 12:09PM
Gisele Bundchen is the cover girl of the May 2009 issue of Vanity Fair.
In the interview entitled, "...And God Created Gisele," we learned that gorg Gisele was called Olive Oly and Saracura when she was a young girl.
"A Saracura is a a bird with really skinny long legs,” she reports.
“I was taller than every guy in my class. Especially at that age, you think you’re the weirdest thing that ever walked on earth.”
What we liked about Gisele? She's not just another pretty face.
Gisele’s values have also been shaped by her reading, which ranges from the teachings of Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh to her current favorites, Don Miguel Ruiz’s books of Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements, The Mastery of Love, and The Voice of Knowledge. Such works have helped to give her a newfound sense of inner peace.
“Everything became so much simpler,” she says. “It’s like, ‘Oh—now I get it!’ You have this kind of epiphany—I don’t need to sweat the small stuff! Enjoy the journey, not the destination. I want to be happy every day. I want to live life to the fullest, feeling joyful. If I don’t, I’ve got to stop and question why, because I think our natural state should be that. Reading things is so important to me—things that can open up your mind. You need to feed your mind.”
Read the full article at VanityFair.com.
What's Fair in Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog?
Posted on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:56AM
28-year-old Gisele Bundchen is the cover girl for the April 2009 issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine.
A newlywed and new step-mother, Gisele admits there was a time five or six years ago when she didn't treat her body very kindly.
“I was drinking a lot of red wine, smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes a day, and eating cheeseburgers all day. I was treating my body, which is my temple and my best friend, as my worst enemy. I was almost punishing myself. I was so tired. I was working so much and I was numb.”
Gisele said she got out of her slump by taking six months off and spending some time in her home country of Brazil.
“If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that.”
What Else Is New In The March Issue?
26 Best Beauty Buys That Work:
- Dior Bronze Original Tan ($42)
- Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Mascara ($8.95)
- Lancôme Ôscillation ($34)
- DuWop Foundation of Youth ($38)
- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set ($59)
- Prescriptives In Bloom Cheek Color Duo in Cool ($28)
- Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor ($7.98)
- Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Mystic Eyes ($56)
- M.A.C. Brow Set ($13.50)
- La Mer the SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid ($65)
- Estée Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Infusing Eye Gel ($32)
- Origins Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion ($21)
- The Orlane Absolute Radiance LightBox ($200)
- Clarins High Definition Body Lift ($65)
- Dr. Brandt Lines No More ($55)
- Clinique Medical Recovery Week Complex ($65)
- John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing shampoo and conditioner ($6.49 each)
- Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality shampoo and conditioner ($3.99 each)
- L'Oréal Paris EverPure Volume shampoo and conditioner ($6.99 each)
- Mason Pearson Junior brush ($126)
- Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10 ($13.99)
- Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream ($24)
- Tigi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo ($18.95)
- Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($3.99)
- Nexxus Dualiste Color Protection + Intense Hydration Leave-In Spray ($11.99)
- R Session Tools Nalu Waver double-barrel curling iron ($179.99)
Harper's Bazaar has invited you to become part of their exclusive Bazaar Front Row panel. As a panel member, you will be asked to share your highly valued opinions several times a year about fashion, beauty, shopping, and more, and you'll have a chance to win great prizes. Click here to sign up for Bazaar Front Row, and be entered to win one of five $100 gift checks.
CoverGirl Celebrity Makeup Artist Molly Stern reveals her makeup kit essentials. Text directly from your cellphone to sample Molly's favorites:
- Text EYELIGHTS to 467467 to receive your free sample of Exact Eyelights Mascara, which enhances your natural color and defines lashes with light-reflecting metallics and a hint of tint.
- Text OUTLAST to 467467 to receive your free sample of CoverGirl Lipstain, which delivers a flush of color that lasts for hours.
Sweepstakes: Enter the $100,000 Fantasy Fund for a chance to win . One entry per household or email per day. Expires January, 2010.