Don't spend Black Friday jostling for parking spots. Today's deals du jour are on steroids. Here are links, coupons, codes, and steals and deals to keep online shoppers happy.
I adore my mother-in-law, but many of my gifts have gone over like a lead balloon. Splat! Because I know that she loves to spend the mornings in her housecoat, I have about muumuu-gifted her to death, as well as showered her with enough mani and pedi gift cards to wallpaper her bathroom. Oy vey! So here are 10 last minute Mother's Day gifts that I considered this morning:
- A donation to a charity. In the case of my mother-in-law, as part of her gift, I am making a donation in her name to her favorite charity, Maryknoll Sisters.
- A magazine subscription. Stop by the grocery store and pick up the latest edition of Mom's favorite magazine and fill out one of the subscription cards that invariably fall at your feet.
- If your mom is like me, a book is always a lovely gift. Don't forget to add a Mother's Day message on the inside cover: "To the best mom in the whole wide world. I love you. May 11, 2008"
- Let Mom buy her own book with an Amazon gift card.
- Give your mom her own domain name. Register her first and last name as a .com, .org, or .net with GoDaddy. If her name is already taken, register a name that describes her best. Then set up a Blogger account for her and show her how to use it.
- With the gas pump crisis, give her a gas card. For a little extra oomph, add a car wash.
- A new pair of pajamas from Pajamagram is like sleeping on freshly ironed sheets. Mmmmm.
- Take Mom to brunch. Mother's Day brunch is one of the biggest restaurant days of the year, so if you haven't made a reservation yet, call now. If you can't get a reservation, get a gift card to her favorite restaurant. Many grocery stores stock gift cards to restaurants that you can purchase.
- Flowers. It is scientifically proven that flowers do make people happy!
- A framed family photo is always a welcomed gift.
If none of these last minute gifts tickle your fancy, remember, the best gift in the world is telling Mom you love and appreciate her.
Happy Mother's Day!