When Blake Lively, the Gossip Girl, arrived at her Allure May 2009 cover shoot, she requested music by Justin Timberlake on the set, and then proceeded to dance to it in a long, red dress by Donna Karan New York.
Malige, who styled Blake's hair for the shoot, wanted to play with the texture. He spritzed thickening spray on her dry hair and set three curlers around her crown. He then rubbed texturizing cream throughout the entire head for an effect that was "disheveled but very sexy," he said.
Lively's cover look can be re-created with the following products:
- Quadra Eye Shadow in Smoky Eyes
- Automatic Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Soleil Tan de Chanel 4 Facettes Bronzing Powder
- Chanel Hydrating Lip Treatment
These products aren't available in stores until next month, but the first 500 Allure readers to sign up at noon EDT on the dates below will get one free. Log on here for details.
- May 4: Redken Blonde Glam Color Enhancer
- May 5: GloMinerals GloRoyal Lip Crayon in Countess Coral
- May 6: Yves Rocher Green Summer Eau de Toilette.
- May 7: Liz Earle Foot Scrub and Foot Repair Moisturizer
Score a trip for two to the Miraval Tuscon Resort and Spa and E.L.F. Studio makeup for the next 20 years! Starts April 21st!
Enter to win an Allure Beauty Breakthrough, Tria Personal Laser Hair Removal System. Starts May 1, 2009!
- Sarah Jessica Parker March 2009 Harper's Bazaar Magazine
- Scarlett Johansson February 2009 Harper's Bazaar Magazine
- Victoria Beckham January 2009 Harper's Bazaar Magazine
- Drew Barrymore May 2009 Elle Magazine
- Rachel McAdams May 2009 Marie Claire
- Elizabeth Banks May 2009 Lucky Magazine
- Gisele Bundchen May 2009 Vanity Fair Magazine
- 23 Tips All Online Shoppers Should Know: Shop Smart Magazine
- Jon & Kate Plus Eight May 2009 Ladies' Home Journal
What's Alluring on Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog?
- Current Articles on GWBBB
- Popular Articles on GWBBB