Mother Blogger (Obviously not shown in picture!) was feeling grumpy, dumpy, and bumpy about her 55th birthday so she tried to turn her frown upside down with a vacay that she entitled "The Double Digit Birthday Tour." Twenty-Four hours of driving in the summer sun can play havoc with your skin and hair, though. Although MB forgot her Coolibar hat with UPF rating -- Don't you dare tell Kevin Q, her hair artiste, that she was driving sans hat! -- she did remember to pack her favorite arsenal of sunscreens:
- Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45: This odorless sunscreen can be applied and reapplied quickly and easily over makeup or alone.
- La Roche-Posay ANTHELIOS 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk: Smooth and absorbs quickly so that your hands don't slip off the steering wheel.*
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 45 with helioplex: Fave of MB's derm.
Lessons from Mother Blogger's Double Digit Birthday Tour - 5 Ways to get your Happy On:
- Do something for someone else. (Mother Blogger drove 12 hours, wrapped herself in wrapping paper and a big bow, knocked on her dad's front door for his 83rd birthday.)
- Meditate. (MB tried meditating in the car. *Dangerous! Ten minutes in a quiet place is all you need.)
- Get Friendly. (Socializing with friends boosts positive emotions. All my twentysomethings, listen up: This does not require anything physical!)
- Move More. (Driving across country is not required. 30 minutes of moderate exercise will fulfil this tip.)
- Change your way of thinking. (Create a gratitude journal. Even when you are at your wit's end, writing down something that you are thankful for will change your way of thinking.)
*To that sexy looking thirtysomething man in a red Porsche convertible outside of Annapolis, here's what your $126,000 red car says about you:
Although opinionated and generally confident, drivers of red cars are given to emotional ups and downs. When you encounter a red car on the highway, keep in mind that those people can be aggressive and impulsive.
Yes, Mr. Red Porsche, with a vanity liscense plate that read "1UPONU" -- I one up one you -- I think holding up a hand-written sign that says "Move Over, Asshole" to a cautious 55-year-old woman driving a highly visible white car in the left lane is a tad aggressive, don't you think?
- Raise Your Beach Fashion IQ
- Ageless Beauty on Brains: 4 Sunscreens to have in your Beach Bag
- Clothes with UPF
- 12 Ways to Protect Your Skin from the Sun
- How To Camouflage Brown Spots
- How To Get Rid Age Spots
- Lip Shtick for Sun Protection
Source: Body and Soul