Rebecca Romijn, wearing a yellow Christian McCulloch dress and Cartier hoops and cuff, graced the cover of the June 2009 InStyle Sexy Made Simple issue.
New Mom Rebecca of Twins Charlie and Dolly on...How To Be Sexy:
- Practice good posture. You feel and look better, and standing tall makes your clothes hang well. Plus, if you are feeling less than confidant, you will still project attitude.
- Dance. Go out dancing, or dance with your friends or just by yourself in your living room. The point is, just let go. It's fun, and it's good exercise.
- Don't wear your hair the same way every day. Variety is the spice of life.
- Honor requests. If your significant other wants to see you in a certain pair of high heels, a piece of lingerie, or a little black dress, do it. It's a compliment.
- And finally, don't take yourself to seriously. Nobody else does.
Rebecca was asked to share her favorite hair product:
"I love Korane dry shampoo. My hair is always easier to manage when it's a little bit dirty. And since this is a powder, I don't have to wash my hair as often."
- Get an all-over glow. Apply dry oil after you shower. Try Tom Ford Black Orchid Finishing oil spray or Rice Dry Oil Spray.
- Loosen up. Back-comb your hair at the crown and loosely pin it half up, half down for a Brigitte Bardot vibe.
- Make a statement. Entangle five necklaces of varying thickness and pin together with a brooch.
- Savor the flavors. Heat up the stay-at-home date with a cocktail -- specifically, a spicy and sweet Jale Berry cocktail from the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills: 1/2 cup sugar, 7 blackberries, 1 jalapeno slice, 4 ounces gin, 1-1/2 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce orange liqueur.
- Bat those bedroom eyes. To give your liner a lived in look, line the inner rims of your upper and lower lids with a creamy black pencil and blink three times to smudge.
- Play it on the flip side. Wear a lightweight V-neck cashmere sweater back to front with no bra underneath.
- Be a bit of a tease. Don't keep your beautiful unmentionables under wraps. Undo an extra button.
- Embrace your dark nature. For sensuous flowers that will get anyone in the mood, choose rich jewel tones.
- Try a lighter lip. For a fresher look, use your finger tip to press on a coral or peach lipstick, then top it with a clear gloss.
- Freshen up your cleanup. When mopping wood floors, add a few drops of essential oil like geranium or neroli to the water.
- Have a rosy outlook. Mimic the flush you get from exercise with cream blush on the apples of your cheeks. Try Stila Convertible Color cream blush in Peony.
- Get a little dirty. Skip the shampoo once in a while and instead cleanse with conditioner alone. The result? Piece-y, sexed-up fullness.
- Dangling modifier. Bring attention to your neck with long earrings.
- Shake your foundation. Pair your sexy platforms with something understated, like a shirtdress. That hint of menswear mixed with an ultra-feminine shoe makes for an effortless surprisingly seductive combo.
- Hit the spot. Apply perfume to the breasts, the backs of your knees or at your other pulse points. Or put it on damp skin after you shower so it'll subtly come through your clothing.
- Tie one on. Belt a loose-fitting dress with a yard of grosgrain ribbon to create new shape and add definition to the body.
- Keep your lips kissable. Sprinkle baking soda on a baby toothbrush and gently buff lips in small, circular motions to remove dry flakes. Afterward, plump with a gloss that contains niacin, like Philosophy Big Mouth in pink.
- Go cuckoo for cocoa. Sharpen the senses with a guided chocolate tasting.
- Let yourself shine. A little sparkle always catches the eye. Try a rhinestone or metallic head band, get the innovative mirror effect of Minx nails, or dust shimmer powder where it's unexpected.
- Look better in bed. Consider your sheets the way you consider clothing. Make sure the color complements your skin tone.
- Megan Fox June 2009 ELLE
- Paula Abdul June 2009 Ladies' Home Journal
- Jessica Simpson June 2009 Vanity Fair
- Diane Kruger June 2009 Lucky Magazine
- Beyonce Knowles June 2009 Marie Claire
- Drew Barrymore May 2009 Elle Magazine
- Harper's Bazaar March 2009: 26 Best Beauty Buys
- InStyle Magazine: 2009 Best Beauty Products
- May 2009 Self Magazine: 10th Annual List of Healthy Beauty Awards