Confident 28-year-old Jessica Simpson graces the cover of June 2009 Vanity Fair with an in-your-face question, "You call this fat?"
During the Vanity Fair interview, author Rich Cohen didn’t want to ask about her weight directly, so he hinted at it, asking instead about body image in general, physical changes, perception.
“It comes with what I do,” she said, “and I know that every day the media’s going to challenge me, is going to want to bring me down. But I feel like I’m at such a place that I own myself, and it’s authentic. I own that authentic part of myself, and none of those words are harsh enough to make me believe them.”
She then said, “I can’t imagine saying some of the things people have said about me about anybody else.”
With respect to all the media criticism Jessica has had to endure, she said, "It's something I have had to train myself—literally train myself—to ignore. Because I’m the one up there onstage, and I can feel the energy of the crowd. And I know when I did good. And I know when I did great. And there wasn’t one time on this tour when I felt like I butchered it. I mean, the way people make it sound, I should have never been singing in the first place.”
On newsstands May 12th.
- Megan Fox June 2009 ELLE
- Beyonce Knowles June 2009 Marie Claire
- Beach Bag O' of Beauty Giveaway
- Drew Barrymore May 2009 Elle Magazine
- Harper's Bazaar March 2009: 26 Best Beauty Buys
- InStyle Magazine: 2009 Best Beauty Products
- Brooke Shields May 2009 More Magazine
- Blake Lively May 2009 Allure Magazine
- Rachel McAdams May 2009 Marie Claire
- Elizabeth Banks May 2009 Lucky Magazine
- Gisele Bundchen May 2009 Vanity Fair Magazine
- May 2009 Self Magazine: 10th Annual List of Healthy Beauty Awards