Gisele Bundchen is the cover girl of the May 2009 issue of Vanity Fair.
In the interview entitled, "...And God Created Gisele," we learned that gorg Gisele was called Olive Oly and Saracura when she was a young girl.
"A Saracura is a a bird with really skinny long legs,” she reports.
“I was taller than every guy in my class. Especially at that age, you think you’re the weirdest thing that ever walked on earth.”
What we liked about Gisele? She's not just another pretty face.
Gisele’s values have also been shaped by her reading, which ranges from the teachings of Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh to her current favorites, Don Miguel Ruiz’s books of Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements, The Mastery of Love, and The Voice of Knowledge. Such works have helped to give her a newfound sense of inner peace.
“Everything became so much simpler,” she says. “It’s like, ‘Oh—now I get it!’ You have this kind of epiphany—I don’t need to sweat the small stuff! Enjoy the journey, not the destination. I want to be happy every day. I want to live life to the fullest, feeling joyful. If I don’t, I’ve got to stop and question why, because I think our natural state should be that. Reading things is so important to me—things that can open up your mind. You need to feed your mind.”
Read the full article at VanityFair.com.
- Elizabeth Banks May 2009 Lucky Magazine
- Best Beauty Buys April 2009 InStyle Magazine
- Jaime Pressly April 2009 Redbook
- Valerie Bertinelli April 2009 People Magazine
- Dara Torres April 2009 More Magazine
- Taylor Swift April 2009 Allure Magazine
- Beyonce on April 2009 Vogue Magazine
- April 2009 Vanity Fair
- Gisele Bundchen April 2009 Harper's Bazzar
- Reese Witherspoon on April 2009 ELLE Magazine
- Mandy Moore April 2009 Marie Claire
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus on April 2009 Shape Magazine
- Katie Holmes on April 2009 Glamour
What's Fair in Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog?