Oops, we took a day off yesterday, but we enjoyed a our most un-stressful Thanksgiving yet!
In an attempt to stress less, especially during the holidays, we have put 31 stress-reduction tips to the test.
For the next 31 days, we will offer a new tip each day.
Too much cortisol, the stress hormone, can put you at risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, impaired mental performance, and even ab fat. So please join us and learn to stress less!
Music is a great balm for stress.
“The primary health benefits of music come from its mood-boosting effects,” says Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D., a health psychologist and educator at Stanford University who has studied the effects of music and teaches people how to use music to improve their health. “A positive mood triggers a wide range of physiological responses: lowered heart rate and blood pressure, improved immune response, and reduced experience of pain.”
Get more stress reduction tips.
Current headlines on GWBBB:
- Beauty Product Review: Crabtree and Evelyn Aromatherapy Distillations
- Fitness Friday: Snow Is No Excuse
- Black Friday Links, Coupons, Codes, Steals and Deals
- Will Black Friday Become Red Friday?
- Stress Reduction Tip No. 6: Tai Chi
- Enter to Win Tickets To Pink and Rockstar Pampering
- Deal du Jour: Boots No 7 Mini Compact Gift
- How To Tame A Cowlick
- Stress Reduction Tip No. 5: Soak in a Tub
- Tantalizing Tuesday: 24 Free Giveaways
Most popular headlines on GWBBB:
- Drugstore Deals for the Recessionista: L'Oreal
- Holiday Fa-La-La
- 9 Tips From Rapists To Keep You Safe
- Manic Monday Free Giveaway: TwisTeD Silver Shower Earrings
- Beauty Product Review: The Body Shop's Nature's Minerals
- More Magazine November 2008
- Top 10 Worst Fashion Trends
- 50 Fast Food Restaurants With The Highest Calories
Source: Heart Healthy Living