Jamie Temple, ACE, ACSM, Personal Trainer/Fitness Specialist, in her weekly Fitness Friday gives you an indoor exercise routine that you can perform on those snowy, wintry days, as well as a favorite foot product for your tootsies.
Snow is no excuse for burying your exercise routine.
With every day bringing an assault of plummeting temps, it is becoming harder to get your butt out of bed for your workout.
And, if you are an evening exerciser, the early morning darkness doesn't help your gym-time motivation.
If things aren't already hard enough, let's add the beautiful, crisp white snow to the mix.
Although your kids may be relaxing on their snow day, you don't have the luxury.
Christmas is approaching. Seeing your svelte, snooty sister-in-law is heavy on your mind. Godiva chocolates dance in all their delectable decadence in your head. It's time to WORKOUT, GIRLFRIEND.
In addition to making snow angels and building a snowman, here is an exercise routine to dig you out of your Arctic rut. My best friend and I performed these exercises during those wonderful snow days during high school. We would add a little healthy competition to get the best workout possible.
- 2 minutes jumping jacks
- 2 minutes run up and down stairs
- 2 minutes push-ups (start on your toes and drop to your knees when you have to)
- 2 minutes crunches (vary ab exercise each round)
- 2 minutes squats - regular (feet slightly outside of hips), wide (plié stance, toes facing out), skinny (feet slightly inside hips) Repeat 3x
With lack of moisture in the air and your revamped exercise routine, it's important to remember those dry little guys: your feet.
Plantar fasciitis is no fun and quite painful.
Help reduce your chances of foot injuries by regularly massaging the bottoms of your feet and stretching through the toes.
Keep your babies looking good in those peep toes by applying Pedi-Relax Exfoliating Cream and Moisturizing Repair Cream daily.
My 'can't live without' foot remedy is Pedi-Relax Protective Barrier Cream.
The directions tell you to apply it before exercise to help prevent rubbing and overheating.
I even love it when I'm in my heels as well. It reduces friction and allows me to dance the night away (saves my peds and burns calories).
Current giveaway on GWBBB: Enter now!
Current headlines on GWBBB:
- Black Friday Links, Coupons, Codes, Steals and Deals
- Will Black Friday Become Red Friday?
- Holiday Fa-La-La
- Stress Reduction Tip No. 6: Tai Chi
- Enter to Win Tickets To Pink and Rockstar Pampering
- Deal du Jour: Boots No 7 Mini Compact Gift
- How To Tame A Cowlick
- Stress Reduction Tip No. 5: Soak in a Tub
- Tantalizing Tuesday: 24 Free Giveaways
- Stress Reduction Tip No. 4: Breathe!
- Deal du Jour: Express Sweater
Most popular articles on GWBBB:
- Manic Monday Giveaway from Shopflick
- Manic Monday Free Giveaway: Sothys At Home Spa Kit
- Drugstore Deals for the Recessionista: L'Oreal
- 9 Tips From Rapists To Keep You Safe
- Beauty Product Review: The Body Shop's Nature's Minerals
- Manic Monday Free Giveaway: TwisTeD Silver Shower Earrings
- More Magazine November 2008