In an attempt to stress less, especially during the holidays, we have put 31 stress-reduction tips to the test. For the next 31 days, we will offer a new tip each day. Too much cortisol, the stress hormone, can put you at risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, impaired mental performance, and even ab fat. So please join us and learn to stress less!
Stress Reduction Tip No 6: Tai Chi
Practiced regularly, tai chi has numerous health benefits. This ancient Chinese exercise helps improve balance, enhance posture, and identify and release high-tension spots in the body. The uniform breathing, especially the long, slow exhalations, reduces stress and bolsters concentration. Research shows that tai chi may even lower blood pressure as effectively as a brisk walk. To learn tai chi, find a trained instructor in your area. Visit the Web site of the American Tai Chi Association, www.americantaichi.org.
Beckie: Although I am more of a yoga enthusiast, my husband loves tai chi. With my hubby's DVD, I tried it again today, and I was a bit more stressed than before.
Could the holidays have anything to do with the additional stress?
Note to self: I will attempt tai chi after the holidays. In the meantime, I will breathe...
Current headlines on GWBBB:
- 1. Enter to Win Tickets To Pink and Rockstar Pampering
- 2. Deal du Jour: Boots No 7 Mini Compact Gift
- 3. How To Tame A Cowlick
- 4. Stress Reduction Tip No. 5: Soak in a Tub
- 5. Tantalizing Tuesday: 24 Free Giveaways
- 6. Stress Reduction Tip No. 4: Breathe!
- 7. Deal du Jour: Express Sweater
- 8. MonaVie versus Wine
- 9. Beauty Product Review: Sothys HOMME Hair and Body Care
- 10. Manic Monday Free Giveaway: TwisTeD Silver Shower Earrings
Popular posts on GWBBB:
- Review: PZI Jeans for Real Women Who Eat
- 9 Tips From Rapists To Keep You Safe
- Beauty Product Review: The Body Shop's Nature's Minerals
- Manic Monday Free Giveaway: TwisTeD Silver Shower Earrings
- Holiday Fa-La-La
- 10 Things Women Over 40 Shouldn't Wear
Source: Heart Healthy Living