- Beckie: I never thought I would become a recessionista at my age, but I am shopping the aisles of the drugstore more and more these days.
- Jamie: I have never left the drugstore aisles.
- Beckie: What's one of your favorite budget-friendly drugstore brands?
- Jamie: OMG, L'Oreal! Almost everything is under $10. I just gave the Skin Genesis Towelettes a test-drive. They are perfect for those nights that I'm too lazy to wash my face.
- Beckie: The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I leave a package in my nightstand for those too-lazy-to-wash-face nights.
- Jamie: Haven't you used L'Oreal hair color --
- Beckie: Yes, more than I want to admit.
- Jamie: -- after you left the salon and paid a fortune to have your hair tinted, highlighted, and lowlighted?
- Beckie: Shhhh, Jamie!. Don't mention my hair "adventures" to Dad. He already thinks I pay too much for hair care. lol.
- Jamie: Your secret is safe with me.
- Jamie: "Dad!!!!!"
- Jamie: Just teasing...
- Beckie: As a matter of fact, I bought a box of L'Oreal Superior Preference from the drugstore yesterday to cover a few grays and stretch out the time between salon appointments. That $9 box of DIY hair color saved me a couple of hundred bucks.
- Jamie: Mom, I need to borrow a couple of hundred bucks.
- Beckie: I have three little words for you, Jamie - No, no, no!
- Jamie: Mom!
- Beckie: Okay, I love you.
- Jamie: Okay, girls, what's your favorite drugstore brand?
Drugstore Deals for the Recessionista: L'Oreal
Hello there! I'm a new reader of your blog, and I just have to say that I love L'Oreal too! I've been wearing the True Match foundation for years and love it - it's just as good or even better than high-end brands. I also love the drugstore brand Milani (I get it at Walgreens) for eye shadow - so cheap, but super pigmented and long-lasting.
Welcome to GWBBB.
We like Milani, too, especially the mineral eye pencil.
I've been exploring the HIP line by L'Oreal lately & I really like their lip gloss. It's more like a liquid lipstick, very pigmented, not too shiny or tacky feeling, and lasts well. The gel eyeliners are great, too, and the eye shadow paint in Nervy. Also have rediscovered Revlon lipsticks and Jane blush (no sparkles in the blush, which I like.) Sinful nail polish @ Walgreen's is excellent. I'm still looking for d/s eyeshadows that I love as much as MAC, though.
I used to love lorel products but they brutally abuse animals by testing on them!! True beauty is kind to all living beings and dosen't require countless deaths.
Post A Comment
To post comments, please log in or register.