- If your lipstick breaks like mine always does, light a match under the broken part. When the lipstick melts, stick it on the base. Rotate the lipstick back into the tube and store it in the refrigerator until cool.
- Speaking of refrigerators, storing any of your lippies in the fridge will make them last longer.
- To keep lipstick off your teeth, once your have applied lipstick, put a little Vaseline on your teeth.
Lipstick can be used as blush, but do not use blush as lipstick, unless you are using Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks ($22).
5. If you use lip liner, apply lip liner first so that you can follow the natural line of your lips. Lancome Le Crayon Lip Contour ($22) keeps your crayon color inside the lines.
6. If you do not like a shade of lipstick, do not throw it out. Just mix it with other shades of lipstick and create your own shade. These small containers are perfect for holding your own natural lip gloss or lip balm creations.
7. Click here for a DIY lip gel recipe, or combine lipstick and Vaseline in a container (6 for $1.10).
8. Orange lipstick shades make your teeth appear yellow.
9. To create a cool blue based tone, apply a navy blue eyeshadow on lips and apply your lipstick on top . Voila! Whiter looking teeth, too. I use Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in navy.
1o. At parties, I always knew which glass was mine. The telltale sign was the lipstick was on the glass and not my lips. To prevent your lippie from transferring to the glass, lick the edge of the glass before you take a sippie.